Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Changes

I have decided to make my blog private. It seems that there are only three commenters so for now I've just decided to make it private for the time being. I have even thought about shutting down this blog, but it's the closest thing I have to journaling and it's sporadic at that.

Life is good right now. I'm tired as baby decided to be up from 1-4 am this morning and woke again at 5:45 to eat again, but what can you expect with a not even month old baby?

And I haven't talked about the baby yet...and I am so completely in love with this baby. It's funny...and I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way...but I felt a sense of dread when I was pregnant...I was so worried...I didn't exactly enjoy the post-partum period with my first son...it was the hardest time of being a mother. I already couldn't wait for baby #2 to be older like my oldest son. And instead, I fell completely and madly in love with my second son almost instantaneously. It started when he was born and I saw just how much he looked (at least to me) like my oldest son. And his personality was so different...so much calmer of a baby. We had some challenges in the beginning with nursing because he was jaundiced and a sleepy baby, but things seem to be going well for now. We have a one month check-up to find out and make sure he is gaining weight. He just seems so much easier...and I am just eating up and drinking up and kissing up his babyness. I haven't been able to spend as much time with my oldest son because of this...and I am really trying my best to balance both, but quite honestly when you are nursing such a little one, it's hard to literally not be attached to him at least 8-12 times/day.

So life is good right now. I still haven't been alone with both boys for any extended period of time and I know that day is coming. My wonderful mom has been kind enough to stay here and help out when my husband went back to work. So that's what's new here...I'm experiencing a babymoon and I am enjoying and relishing every second.

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny Beach Ramsey said...

Don't shut down your blog! Sandi and I love reading it. When we can't get our Karen fix in person this is the next best thing. I am so very happy for you. Motherhood suits you. I loved every single stage with Ryan, in part, I think because I knew this would be my one and only. Whether this little guy is your last or not, you will never be sorry you savored these moments. Lots of love.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home