Friday, January 05, 2007

Being Social

I have finally made attempts this week to go out and meet people. It's nothing extraordinary, I went to visit the sweet neighbor that I blogged about awhile back that made us the chocolate chip cookies that had the cute matching sticky notes with stick people. They ended up coming over and giving us Christmas cookies and a Christmas card, a homemade bell, and some puppy chow. When I was home for my brief visit in December, I ended up buying some South Bend Chocolate Company chocolate and wrote out a thank you note. I don't know why I was nervous and took such a long time in going over there, but it was just a short walk and my neighbor Michelle was really sweet. The kids had just woken up from their afternoon nap. The kids are super well-behaved from what I can tell, and the oldest child (I believe she's 4 going on 5) started to jump up and down when she saw that there was something to open, she wanted to open it. I realized that just the simplest things can really make a child so happy and excited, and I look forward to those moments when our little one can be as happy and excited about the smallest things.

I also e-mailed the Indianapolis office of the non-profit I worked for, and I made lunch plans for next Wednesday. I'm sure I'll be nervous as well to meet 3 people at once, but I know it's good for me to get out of the house and be social outside of those doctor's appointments, and I have one of those next week as well. The one co-worker that I have been corresponding with has been so super sweet to me, so I am looking forward to the lunch next week.

I'm still debating temporary work, as there is much work left to be done around the house. It's probably the priority at the moment, especially since in a few short months, I won't be able to bend or lift or keep my balance (I'm a natural born klutz, so these things are already difficult for me to do). Next week I'll really try to push myself to get more done around the house-and maybe even this weekend.

I'm really trying my best to try to meet people. I get weekly phone calls from my mother-in-law and mom and usually my sister, and friends and family are keeping in touch via email, so this keeps my spirits up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home